Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mr GreenJeans!

I have started! I decided that I really need to get to work and start on this cardigan. I have been wanting to make it for some time now, and since I have that 100% Lambswool from a reclaimed sweater, I figured it will become my April project.

I have to have goals, or it seems that things just don't get done. I guess my knitting is that way, project oriented. Though I do feel I am a very texture type person and I love the feel of the yarn as I knit.

We had some company for the last few days, and last night, I had the bright idea to make chicken wings, buffalo style. Well, for three men and two ladies, do you know how long that takes? I started at 4:15, between cutting the legs up, coating them and frying them. It was nearly 6:30 by the time I had them all done and we were able to eat! I feel like I was in the kitchen all night and didn't get anything else done. But, they came out good and there were only 6 left over. So I can't complain, but I don't think I will be doing that again anytime soon.

My socks are in the finishing stretch, however, this is the first time I am going to be coming VERY close to running out of yarn. It's a good thing that they are for me and if I do run out, I will just use a complimentary Opal to finish off the toe.

No comments: