Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Finished Objects and those in Process

Here are my finished Twin Rib Socks. I had hoped to get them done in March, but I just couldn't concentrate enough on them to get those toes done. Just finished them this evening, so they are my first April FO.

It is also the first time I have done a second pair of socks with Opal 6 ply where I came THAT close to running out of yarn! They came out nearly identical and I didn't even try. I love when that happens, even though if they don't match, it doesn't bother me.


I began Mr GreenJeans on the 30th. I just couldn't wait until the beginning of April. Here is the first days worth of knitting.


You can see the stitch definition and since this is the first time I am using reclaimed yarn, I am very pleased with how this is looking.


This is a picture of the second days knitting and I think it shows the color sage green that it is. There are specks of white and black in the yarn as well. It almost reminds me of a hand spun yarn as the thickness goes from wide to slim throughout.

This is the first time I am using a kfb and I am really enjoying how easy it is to do.

Today was a good day. I went out to the lakes and picked up some more scrap wood to be used in our wood burner. Thanks to Felicia and Bob. I don't think they really realize how much we appreciate their generosity.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Oh, believe me! We're very happy that you can put our scraps to good use!

Mr. Greenjeans is looking good!