Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's a surprise!

Well, here it is! I am finished and it took about 10 days. It's the first time I've done a child's garment and it is just so darn cute!

This picture is before blocking and the yarn was wonderful then, NOW, OMG it is just gorgeous and so soft it's incredible.





One thing I had forgotten though. This garment reminded me why I usually make top down in the round sweaters. THE FINISHING! I haven't done one in a while, so I admit, I was rusty. But all of the seams came out undetectable. The one arm though...... sigh...... One arm, which was actually the second one, went on perfect, looked great. The first arm. LOL. I ended up doing that one THREE times, because I just wasn't happy with it. I figured if it were for me, that would be different. But I was making this one for someone else, and they would be showing it to I don't know how many people, I wanted it to be PERFECT! Believe me, both arms are perfect!
I now understand why so many people have UFO laying around, or hiding places so their spouses and family don't see them. M knew I was making this one for someone else, and that I would get yarn out of it . I was truly so surprised the interest he showed while I was knitting it and all the under-my-breathe talking that I did while seaming, he even asked how things were going?! I could get used to having him around so much.
On a side note, I don't talk much about myself, only my knitting, but with sadness and I guess I should be happy. I got a job. It's full time, the pay is decent, it's right here in town, it's a job I've done before and liked (years ago), and ....... I really don't want to go. I have liked being home these past two years and with the nicer weather coming, there is so much yard work to do yet. I like making dinner every night and not feeling rushed. I like having a neat, orderly and clean home. sigh.... So wish me luck, I start Monday.
I hate when the paragraphs run together, I'm sorry, it's not the way I typed it, just the way it is coming out! UGH!!

No comments: