Tuesday, April 15, 2008

No pictures today.

Sorry about that. But I wanted to get an update on here and I just don't have the time to do it all!

The excitement knitting is coming along nicely. I just have to seam it, do the collar and block it and it is on its way! I can't wait as that means, I'll have some new yarn!

My thrift shopping was so good last week, but wrought with frustration! I got the gray/black sweater apart easily, but that nice, pink smooshy lambswool one, just wouldn't come apart without breaking! I was about ready to scream! So I have been working on felting it and I am going to make it into knitting totes.

Then, one of the one's I didn't photo, was this really nice tweed orange one, made in Italy. The construction left alot to be desired. Was a BEAR to get apart and THEN when I finally got to the point of unraveling it, every other row is another strand. Meaning, there are two strands to make the garment! So I have to slowly, tediously pull one strand and wind it, then pull the next strand and wind it. SLOW! Pretty yarn though and I want it! AND the best part is? I noticed I have a second one made by the same manufacturer!!

After these two sweater frustrations, I decided to go on to an easy LL Bean sweater. A great Men's size Large, made of Lambswool and nylon and a nice color of blue grey. Guess what? In my bleery eyed monster stage at the thrift store, I guess I didn't look well enough and it is SERGED at the seams! I tell you! So, what to do? What to do? What to do?

I felted it, twice in the wash and now it is THE PERFECT size for me to wear. A nice thick fabric, with lots of stitch definition yet, and it was very warm when we went out on the 4 wheelers yesterday. So, it worked out in the end.

R and I went and bought some ornamental grasses for the yard last week. Got tons of compost and peat moss and planted them. The other plants we are going to wait until the end of this week to do. We have had very cold, freezing night temperatures the last few nights, which meant covering the grasses, but I am so glad to have them done, as I have wanted them for two years now.

We also were able to put in two of my mother's hydrangeas. I don't think they will flower this year, but I am glad to be getting the side yard worked on as well.

No comments: