Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Aches and Pains


Here is a snapshot of the top down raglan I am working on. Yesterday I did about 10 rows of ribbing before having Rachel try it on, and it was a bit short. So this morning I ripped back all the ribbing and have decided to do 12 more rows before beginning the ribbing.
My arms always give me trouble, so I tend to ignore them when it comes to my knitting. But as of recent is a pain in my neck that makes it nearly impossible to knit. I have been trying, over the past few days, not to put so much concentrated time into knitting and to move around more, in the hopes that this pain will go away. I don't know what I will do if it decides to stick around.
I have been holding off starting another project. I like to accomplish what I am doing. I have been looking at how many projects people have going at one time on Ravelry and I just can't understand how they get anything done. Well, really, it doesn't seem for some that they do get anything done, but for others, they have tons of stuff on their page.
I also realized this morning that it's been a year since I started to knit socks and to really take up knitting to keep myself busy in my free time. I look back and only wish that I had done it sooner in my life. But I did alot of crochet for so many years. Mostly just lap blankets and baby blankets. I enjoyed that. But now, I get to enjoy what I have made and to wear it myself every day. I just love opening my sock drawer and seeing all the lovely socks I've made this past year.

No comments: