Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Socks!

I have been looking at all the sock patterns there are out there and wondering, will I ever get to knit them? Will I ever get to try new sock yarns? Because, you know, sock yarn doesn't count as stash. At least that is what someone once said.

It is hard to imagine that there is all this yarnie goodness out there and I haven't experienced nearly any of it. I have knit mostly with Opal, which I love. I have also done some Regia, and some onLine. I don't nearly have enough. Only two solid colors, which are in browns, and no handpainted or hand dyed.

Colors. There are so many colors to choose from. How do you choose? Do you go by what you want to knit? I mean, some people choose by the color. I look at a pattern and see whether I like it or not.

I was thinking of maybe trying to do some colors that are out of the ordinary for me. I have done lots of blue, mostly self striping Opal colors. I would like to do some semi solids. I like a little color in there, just not plain, but I would like to get away from self striping for a while. I would like to be able to do some that I could get away with wearing to work, so nothing too loud. It'd have to be business like, but fun at the same time.

No, I don't feel I have nearly enough colors, pattern's or time when it comes to socks. I love doing them.

No comments: