Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Irish Hiking Scarf

An Irish Hiking Scarf! I saw this pattern a few weeks ago while surfing and thought that it would make a lovely scarf. I learned how to do cables just after I learned how to make socks and I really do like doing them. So I think this scarf will end up being for one of my DDGD for a just because gift. She is in her third year of college and blue is her favorite color. She is doing an awesome job and I know she goes to school early to beat the traffic and then she sleeps in her car until class. Hopefully she will enjoy this.


This is how far I have come so far on my Raglan top down sweater. I have about 6 more rows and then I will hold the sleeve stitches while I complete the body of the sweater. I really love the way this wool feels and I wish I could find more of it. I am sure that they have replaced it with another name, but the La Laine is really nice and soft. I hope that it will wash up well. I love knitting on the circular needles that I am also doing the Irish Hiking Scarf on them as well. My elbows and arms don't seem to hurt as much.

I blocked my tunic yesterday and it seems to have come out very nicely. I am looking forward to wearing it once the weather gets a bit cooler.

No comments: