Sunday, January 25, 2009

Week 4

Finished objects for week four.

First, the pair of green socks in the photo below are last weeks Warm Woolies Socks. They were done in green patons classic merino. Done with 36 stitches, 10 rows of 1x1 ribbing and 15 rows of stockinette, 18 rows of heel flap stitches, 11 gusset stitches each side, back to 18 stitches for bottom, then 20 foot rows before decreases. I think this makes a nice sock and started the second pair, which I finished this week.



I sent off my other package of socks to Warm Woolies this week. I will probably make two or three more pairs before I send these off.

Here is my first waffle rib scarf for the Seaman. Sorry the picture is so dark. It is a lovely color burgundy, doesn't do it justice, the picture. I finished this at the beginning of this week. (I think)

Here are the beginnings of the baby gifts for Baby J. I have decided on Bibs and cloths to match as well as burp clothes. Finished these two, plus another two this week. Michaels had a great sale, $1.00 a skein, so I stocked up and will make as many as I can.
Also in the works is this Blankie of Baby J. It is made of Bernat Cottontots. The yarn is very soft. I am using size 13 needles and double stranding. It doesn't show it very well in the picture, but the colors are Sunshine, Lemon Berry, Sweet Green and Pastel Dreams in ombre.

I do not know the sex of the baby, or what colors they've chosen yet, but I know J's favorite color is yellow and yellow and green are good baby colors.
I have worked a little on the top down ragalan for Warm Woolies. I took that with me to knit night this week. We had a lot of people there this week and it was so nice seeing everyone again. I really have missed going.
It's been a long hard week and the winter is not doing much good with my depression, this week has been bad and I imagine it is going to get worse again before it gets better. I keep trying, but I am just not snapping out of it all.











No comments: