Sunday, May 11, 2008

FO's, Updates on my life,,,,

Here it is!! My Mr GreenJeans. I finished it last weekend and I have since found a button for it and I will block it and wear it this week to work!

That one sleeve was such a bear, in my rush to finish this, I truly messed up the sleeve and had to rip the darn thing back TWICE!

But I love this cardigan for several reasons and I am so happy that I made it.



Here is a felted clutch that I will add buttons to and some velcro closures. I will probably use this as a make up bag for my purse.


Here is my first Amanda's Squattty Sidekick. It's a cute bag. I made it while going through my job training, during those down times (smoking breaks and lunch mostly) I was glad to get it done and felted because all of the girls wanted to see it when completed.



Then, I had bought some Noro, months ago and I decided to make this one for me. The one above, I gave to R. She loves it.


Anyway, it's the first time I've used Noro, let alone for felting and it has been difficult. Since I have a front loader, felting is slow, so for small bags, I use hand felting in a bowl and then throw the item into the dryer, which works wonders by the way. Anyway, this one just has taken FOREVER to get near to felted size. I will probably end up having to line this one as the fabric is not quite as sturdy. But I think it will make a great summer bag. Love the colors!

I had a weeks worth of training last week. It was okay, however, they should have done a basic "this is how you count large sums of money" day and a "this is how you use an adding machine" day. The younger people just don't have a clue, and so I was BORED out of my whits! But, I made it, I wonder if they will.

It just amazes me, I must be getting to be an old fart or something. Several showed up late, each day. Several did not follow dress code, when we spent at least an HOUR going over what was considered acceptable, and what was not.

This week I will have my own window and I am confident things will be much better for me. I will also get my first pay..... sigh.....

For mother's day, we went up "north" and "got rocks". The flat kind that you can use for landscaping. I love the natural look of them and the rustic feel. I am hoping that these will be enough to finally finish the yard off and not have to get any more. It's hard work, but they are free, so I can't complain.

Well, today is mothers day and I am doing nothing but knitting. I am working on a Sidekick for R in the colors she chose. Then I don't know what the day will hold for me.

No comments: