Saturday, May 24, 2008

Catching up!

I have disappeared, I know.

This working a full time J O B is cutting, seriuosly, into my knitting time and my life.... sigh..

It's a good job though, and I am very happy and fortuante to have it. So, believe me, I'm not complaining.

However, it means that I seem to find no time to update my blog, and I'm sorry. Like I have TONS of people reading it?! But, I like to use it to keep track of my projects, learning and progress.

Knitting is my SANITY!

Okay, since Mr GreenJeans.

I have done THREE "Amanda's Squatty Sidekicks". The first out of Patons Classic wool mernio. I used a nice deep blue and a varigated, to make like a stripe. That came out nice, ended up going to R. Then, she liked that one so much, she wanted another one to wear with her jeans, so I found Paton's Classic has a cute "new demin" and "washed" denim and THAT one came out really cute. Then, I made one for myself out of Noro Kuyeon, that was meant for a Booga bag, but became a sidekick in stead.

Boy, is that Noro difficult to felt. But I love it. Then, I also learned how to make a lining and I sewed that one in place and I am now sporting that bag around. It has a vintage button on it.

Then, I started, out of Trekking XXL, sock yarn, an "old shale scarf" which is a feather and fan pattern, and I had some difficulty in the beginning, but then I was just perking along. Went to take a picture of it, and when I went to do the close up, I realized, somewhere along the half way of what I had already done mark, I messed up the rows and it had to fronts, one at the top on one side and one at the bottom on the other side.

sigh....

STOP AND ADMIRE YOUR WORK!

Which, I didn't do.... So after a few minutes of thoughts, I ripped the WHOLE thing out, and have decided I will try the scarf AGAIN, but another day, in another colorway and pay closer attention!

I also made a Arnolds Felted bag. It is a small tote, that I didn't have chunky wool for, so I used the rest of the denim yarns, and it came out cute! I am hoping to line that one as well.

Now, my current project is Lace Ribbon scarf, by Veronik Avery. I have been wanting to do this one for a while, and now I am, and I'm enjoying it very much. It calls for Classic Elite Alpaca sox yarn, but I am using some of my reclaimed yarn, it is a lighter weight wool and I reduced the amount of pattern columns to make it a tad smalled because of the slightly heavier weight yarn. It's coming very nice and I am really enjoying, AND ADMIRING my work.

Went to knit night on Thursday. When it is just Carolyn and I, I feel like I just talk too much and don't let her get a word in edgewise, but I so enjoy the company. And having someone to talk with about knitting.

I am enjoying my job and did get my first pay check AND I haven't really spent it yet, just have it deposited in my account, looking pretty.... sigh

No comments: