Wednesday, May 28, 2008

J. Knits ROCKS!

This is a photo instensive post so get ready!

In the mail yesterday, arrived my package of goodies from Julie. To say I was speechless......



Since I was not totally familiar with her line of yarn, I left the choices up to her and told her what I liked to knit and the colors I favored


Here is one package. It came with two great skeins of her sock yarn. It is 75% superwash wool and 25% nylon. For colors she chose "Montana" in the green colorway, and "Reno" in the variegated. (Which I am totally surprised, I think it is a favorite!). Then she sent along a two skeins of Felters Dream Worsted, one in "Kentucky" and the other in "Minneapolis". I can't wait to try those out, they are 85% wool and 15 % Mohair. I don't think I've ever used Mohair before.

PLUS, she also included not one but TWO patterns. One is designed by herself, which is the "mom's Sock". They are dedicated to her mother. Then the other pattern is a Mother - Daughter pattern, called "Teagan's Socks" by Gail Gelin, one of her designers.

And as if THAT goody bag wasn't enough!



There was more! In the second bag, were three skeins of Simply Luxurious. It is a 60% Superwash Mernio, 15% Bamboo, 15% Nylon AND 10 % SILK. I have never used anything with SILK in it. These three lovelys I am hoping to transform into a Clapotis. It will be a challenge for me. But, Julie knew it was something I wanted to try.

Then, also included in this goody bag were three skeins of Felters Dream Bulky. In Louisiana, New Jersey and Mississippi. I can't wait to try them out either.

And not to forget the little bag of goodies, which I didn't get a picture of, it had candies, lotion, gum and "knitting girl" mints! I have never seen those and they are so cute!


And here I am, holding all the yarnie goodness! It is not something you will see often, as I don't usually post personal pictures on here, but I thought this was a very special and fitting occasion. I felt like I had hit the jackpot and I am going to have SO MUCH fun working on projects. It will keep me busy for some time to come.

Thank you Julie.




And here are just a few more close up shots of the yarn colorways to give you a better idea of how truly lovely they are.







1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow! Look at that awesome haul! :-) She spoiled you rotten! Lucky you!