Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I MUST be CRAZY

I asked Rachel and Matthew if they would like me to make them something, not telling them what, with stripes or circles. Rachel picked circles. Then I asked the colors and they both said like a duck. Well, that wasn't much help, so we narrowed it down to a mallard duck.
These are the first four color combos. I have a total of 8 now, need to get the other four cards pictures to post.
Then, I spent time figuring out the four color combination possiblities. For the 8 cards of color.


The most dominent colors are green, brown and a varigated, but I needed to add a bit of color to make the HEXAGONS pop. So I did add in a Truffle and a Natural, as well as a lighter green.

Here are just a couple of the first Hexagons that I made so that you could see some of the colors together.

With the pattern, you can crochet them together as you go, here's the crazy part, but I have decided, like a few others, not to. WHY? Well, I tried and it is fiddly. Also, I wasn't sure of how my colors were going to go, and I wanted enough of a variety of hexagons that I didn't know how, exactly, I was going to do them when I started, so I am going to put them together LATER!!!
I am taking the advice of others and I am crocheting in most of the ends as I go, which will help alot!! in the long run. Each Hexagon is 4 inches in size, and my son is 6 feet 2 inches, so I am in for making ALOT of these things, to make a decent size afghan to cover him and have room for Rachel as well. I figure if I do atleast four, or one card a week, I should have them done by November?
sigh..... why do I do this to myself?




Doesn't Matt look happy? We just spent the last 9 hours doing yard work at dad's and now we're going to a SWEET 16 party!!!
We both did have a nice time though, I don't think he was thrilled to be going.
Until next time....

1 comment:

Annie said...

Like a duck!! That is so funny, hahahaha