Saturday, February 23, 2008

And Life just SMACKS you in the face!

The Amanda Hat! I made this in less than a day for Rachel for Valentine's Day. It looks lovely and she wears it often. She said "A hat. Awesome" When I gave it to her. Made me smile



It was an easy pattern to follow, though I did not follow it completely. I used size 9 needles. Did the second pattern repeat for two rounds instead of three, and did not do the garter rib rows and that hat fits just perfect. That is one of the things I love about knitting, you can make things to fit you~!

Here are the next socks I am working on. From Sensational Knitted Socks, the garter rib. Using size 2 circulars, I cast on 56 stitches, did 8 rows of 2 x 2 ribbing. Then a total of 20 pattern repeats for the leg, used 28 stitches for the heel, ding 29 rows. Picked up 16 gusset stitches, twisted them, then began the decreases. Did 38 rows for the foot.

I think the colors in these are so cool, they remind me of the circus!


Life really knows how to smack you in the face, year after year after year. I can't even talk about what has happened, but every year I keep saying "Next year has to be better......" I've been saying that for three years , no four, now.

No comments: