Thursday, November 15, 2007

Before AND After

Here is my completed Top Down Raglan Sleeve Sweater made of Berroco Ultra Alpaca in a yummy chocolate color~!


This is BEFORE~!




This is AFTER~!




I ended up frogging it. I had not calculated the gauge correctly and didn't realize it until I got to the sleeves and ran out of yarn by then end of the first sleeve. Frogged that and tried twice to redo the sleeves. Ended up with about an elbow length and just was not happy with it.


So here is what I have learned from this project.


Check your gauge more than once near the beginning of your project. Doing a swatch is great, but also checking before you are too far along is important too. PLUS, always buy one extra skein of yarn, JUST IN CASE!


Now I have to figure out if I want to try to reknit this using the same needle size and doing the size smaller sweater, (this one was a tad bit bigger than I would have enjoyed) or do I try using a needle that will get the proper gauge and just modifying the sweater to be a short sleeve one. Decisions ... decisions.



This is the scarf/ascot length, that I have made to compliment Jill's socks for christmas. The pattern is Enjoyable-Rib Scarf and I found the pattern on Ravelry.
I am working on my Friday Harbor socks for the Knitting on the Road KAL. I have decided to make them for Rachel as a stocking stuffer.
I will now start the socks for Rose's kids that I want to make them as gifts for Christmas. My main problem is, I'm spending TOO MUCH time on Ravelry looking and searching for great new things I want to knit!
Today is a rainy day here and I had hoped to spend the whole day knitting, after I got the stew in the crockpot. However, I have ended up updating my projects file on Ravelry and then I wanted to update this blog. But, I did frog and wind the yarn from the sweater, so I guess that counts to some degree as knitting, doesn't it?!

No comments: