Wednesday, May 28, 2008

SP12

What you may ask is SP 12? Well, it just so happens it is a secret pal swap that has been going on for some time now and I've decided that I wanted to give it a try.

I am new to all this swap thing, but it has to do with spoiling someone else. A knitter. What could be so hard about that?! I can't wait to find out more.

I will be posting my questionaire here, but I thought I'd say a few things about me and my knitting now.

I started out learning from my Aunt a few years ago. She is still my best knitting pal and though we don't see each other much, she is the first one I call when I accomplish a new skill.

I taught myself how to knit socks last year, and they have been a favorite of mine, though this month, May, I have worked on so many different things, that I haven't knit a pair! They will be the first thing new on my needles for next month. We all need goals, don't we?

I love most colors. Some, I have been surprised lately, I have been drawn to, that otherwise I would not have considered liking. Though I do tend to go toward purples, blues, and earth tones, I have been liking tangerine, yellow and shades of brown. Who know, surprise me I guess!

I have not knit any lace yet, and I think, for me, that will be a LONG way off. I just don't have the fine motor skills for that yet. But I have been practicing with fingering weight and I am liking that alot.

I have recently fallen in LOVE with J. Knits colorways. They are all so beautiful. I would love any of those in Superwash ME sock.

I tend to go toward natural fibers, wool, bamboo and stay away from novelty and acrylic, except for charity knitting.

I have also learned how to reclaim yarn and I have been using that lately and I really enjoy it.

I do not have a ball winder, ,and would love one, as I have so many hanks of yarn to wind....

I would love a subscription to IK. I have the most current issues for the past year.
That's all for now.

No comments: